Wednesday, April 6, 2011

bubble gum.

As part of the online session today we were in charge of creating an advertisement and completely failing at it - I believe... and am hoping I did correct! Part of the new material is learning what is appealing and not appealing to the audience eye as well as what works and what doesn't.  With this, we learned the helpful word of "CRAP".

Contrast: create visual attraction
Repetition: repeat visual elements to achieve the unity
Alignment: make visual connections
Proximity: group related items closer together

Although slightly confusing, I believe I was successful in creating an advertisement which did not succeed in any of these areas and was therefore able to see how much each of these elements work.  A little bit of reverse psychology if you ask me :) This is making me excited to see what else we learn within this session and what kind of projects we will hopefully do!!

- miner moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment