Thursday, April 21, 2011

portfolio

I have come to the realization that high school was lazy college courses.  The material is what you make it and in high school it was easy as you did not have to do the homework and could still understand what was happening.  In college, the material can be easy as long as the homework, reading and attendance is kept up on.  So I shouldn't be surprised when we are assigned a "portfolio" as our final and it is nothing like what a portfolio in high school was like.
I was quick to think "sweet, just put my assignments in a binder, give a small presentation and done!" oh how high school was again, so lazy.  As a part of our online work, we looked at other peoples "portfolios" which were in fact super cool web sites, and I quickly came overwhelmed and stressed for our final.  I took my CSE class already so am supposed to know how to construct a website but am still going to be completely out of my element and not know what I am doing to be honest.  We are supposed to have a common theme with our portfolio's as well as address our audience, however after looking over my work, it does not relate other than the fact that each of the topics I addressed I had an interest in, but that's not saying anyone else will care about getting a summer internship, stopping teens from texting while driving and wonder what happened in the 1927 school bombing in Bath, Mi.
This generates a pretty large problem, and I have a LOT of brainstorming ahead of me.

- miner moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment