Monday, February 14, 2011

I mean business.

I chose to write my 2 articles about Texting and Driving.  I feel it is important to inform not only teens but also their parents on the seriousness of texting and driving.  After completing the online portion of class and gathering all of my pictures I am again reminded of this serious problem.   I am fortunate not to have anyone close to me effected from a texting and driving accident and plan/hope to keep it that way.  In my house if we are caught texting and driving we get the car taken away for 6 months.  Well that was in high school, but I plan to continue this rule for myself and future family.  It is amazing to see the statistics on texting and driving - where on average, to read a text, for ever 6 seconds you are reading, your eyes are off the road for about 4.8 of those seconds.  Depending on the speeds and area you are in 4.8 seconds is a ridiculous amount of time to have eyes off the road.  I am hoping that with my articles I can get my audience to see that this isn't something to wait and learn from.  This is far more serious and should be treated that way. 



- miner moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment